22 April 2006

the beginning...

i'm attempting to expand my horizons, and this is where i am to begin, i suppose. by having a blog and attempting to post regularly. my mind has been doing so much thinking lately i need a place to get it out, and my journal isn't sufficient.

i'll begin with a little explanation of a few things i suppose. lets begin with "yellowmoonlite". it is my screen name for just about everything, unless its from before my senior year of high school. it began as a simple attempt to come up with a far cooler aim name than my previous one. (mxchick27 or something like that.) i was chatting online with my friend mike and asking him to give me suggestions. he was failing miserably when it came to me. yellow, because that's my favorite color; moon, because i love the moon, it is beyond beautiful and i believe the man in the moon to actually be a friend of mine; and lite, because, well... i just liked the sound and the spelling. nothing brilliant, but an improvement that i have embraced. i actually have a touch light that is in the shape of a moon and is yellow, but this came after the screen name.

next, i'd like to explain the title for my blog. i decided to create this in the spur of the moment, and when the step came to create a title for this little thing i plan on doing i was stuck. i went over a few different titles in my head, most of them lacking pretty much anything. i then began to think about one of my favorite bands, tonic, and the lyrics from one of my favorite songs by them, "sugar." so i went to a convenient lyrics website and looked up the lyrics. "where my sunshine grows" is the last line in the first verse and it seemed perfect. and i still believe it to be.

i suppose that will be all for now. i am excited about this new thing that i am trying, and hope to have the ambition to continue it.

'tis all for now. goodnite.

- a hopeful corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home