23 March 2007

first time.

tonight, for the first time EVER, i won a track and field event. at the washington universtiy twilight meet i came in first in the hammer with a throw of 136'6", which was also a PR (personal record). i am so excited.

in all 7 of my previous track seasons i have not once won an event. sure i may have been the best at my school one or two years, but i was always going up against better throwers than myself. it is a great way to kick off my last outdoor season.

to top it all off my throws coach's wife martie, his son thomas, and my friend becky went to trader joes to get some groceries and returned with yellow and orange tulips for me to congratulate me on my first win ever. they are beautiful, and made even better by the fact that thomas picked them out himself. it was so nice and made for such a great day.

i guess it was also the first time i got flowers from a boy too! (even if he is only 8)
- c

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home