23 April 2006

i love my bed.

all i really want to do at the moment, or the last few days really, is be where i'm most comfortable. at this point in time that is my bed. just last week i discovered an outlet behind it, so i am able to plug in and keep my computer here, which helps where i want to be immensely. i really don't want to leave here, it's semi quiet and secluded from the rest of my room where my roommates spend most of their time. also, it's fun to be hidden from everyone who comes to our room. if i don't want to see them, i don't have to. somewhat rude/mean, but i'm in the mood to be this way.

here is the real reason that i wanted to make a post today. yesterday was an extremely long day consisting of getting only 5 hours of sleep, spending all day in the sun at a track meet, and spending my evening alone in search of almost famous, which i have still yet to acquire. (the midwest seems to be lacking this one classic movie.) anyway, finally at around 2am this morning i layed my head down to sleep, with my ipod playing. i knew that i would fall asleep with my music on but i had no idea it would end up like it was. after having two odd dreams (the last thing i remember from the second is throwing my keys down on the table in my room), i woke myself up to prevent knocking over something that i was pushing with my foot. it took me a minute to realize what i was pushing on. it turned out to be my roommate's laundry basket. now that i was awake i shifted in bed and tried to think about how i got to where i was. doesn't seem to be a difficult task, right? well, it was. i had been so tired that once i fell asleep i was out and hadn't moved all nite. it took me a good 5 minutes to realize that i'd fallen asleep with my music on, and taken off my headphones in the middle of the nite. i eventually remembered that i had been on the internet talking with my friend, then journaled, put my music , and fell asleep. my ipod and headphones were still in bed with me, so i dropped them on the floor, and tried to get comfortable and fall back asleep. i succeeded in my attempt to sleep more, but still find it odd that it took me so long to remember what i did last nite. i have never experienced anything like that before, and i can't believe that a mere lack of sleep did it to me.

so... that was my story. odd and interesting, or at least to me. i realize that it took me a long time to tell it. maybe i'll elaborate on my thoughts about that another time. for now all i have to say is context.

another thing before i finish, the negative of being on my bed doing everything is that when people want to see me they come back here and start talking and don't leave. it makes it very difficult to actually get things done. now that i've been left alone enough i am done.

stuck in my ways
- corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home