22 February 2008

friday night.

I am so awesome. Want to know why? Well let me tell you...
I spent this friday night watching a throwing video and making notes on how to better coach my throwers. Sounds really productive - which it was. Sounds really boring - which it was. I'm not sure how I can express to you how tedious that throwing video was to watch, and I only watched the first of seven parts. How long did it take? An hour and twenty minutes. Practically everyone was asleep (all the animals and my dad), and it was all I had in me not to as well. Thankfully I did get a few good pieces of advice to use with the throwers and I brainstormed ideas for jumping workouts among other things. I hope that I get the chance to use the things that I worked on. I'm having an absolute blast coaching, but it gets difficult because I'm not the head throws coach so I don't totally get to do my own thing. Also, it is hard because I don't always get to work with the same throwers, and there are other throwers who I would really like to work with that I don't get to. Hopefully eventually things will even out and I'll settle in some more, come to better terms with where I am in the coaching pecking order. I may even end up getting to go out to practice every day during the week, which would help working with everyone on a more consistent basis. I can't imagine that it would be easy as a thrower to be coached by two different people with two different styles. In fact, when I was in high school I probably wouldn't have liked it at all, and maybe would have talked to my head coach about it. Just the kind of person I am I guess. I really hope that my athletes like me well enough, and like my coaching. Maybe someday they'll tell me all about it.
Well, that's my fun friday night for you. Hope yours was more exciting than mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home