03 June 2008

quite a month.

June has arrived (the month not my mother), and it will be exciting! In exactly 2 weeks I will be sitting in the Los Angeles International Airport awaiting the departure of my plane headed to Peru (by way of El Salvador). It will be my first time out of this country and I can't be more excited!!! We still have a TON left to do, and a lot of questions to ask Megan before we leave, but it will be amazing. I don't know how to prepare myself fully for it either, because, like I said, this is a first. Though I'm not sure that you can ever prepare yourself fully for any trip you go on. There are many unknowns in everything. Oh life.

Speaking of unknowns, I am still jobless and have really only applied for one thing. I'm hoping that I get it because it would be great on many levels, but I'm not confident in the fact that I will be getting it. There are some people who think that I will get it, and even more that just hope I do, but I haven't been able to jump on that band wagon yet. I really do need to get looking at more jobs and applying for at least a couple more before I leave for Peru. Woo Peru! (I can't get over it!)

Currently my life consists of not doing a whole lot. Before, when I was actually working, I felt like I didn't do a whole lot but was in fact always busy with something (Zoey, or track, or something else). Now I'm really not doing a whole lot. I've been spending quite a bit of time on my computer doing nothing productive, watching a fair amount of TV (yay DVR and Netflix), and listening to a lot of music. While I'm still on my mission to listen to all the music that is currently in my iTunes (and in fact working on that as I now type), I have been listening to a lot of my new favorite band called Kaiser Chiefs. I had heard of them before (they sing the song "I Predict A Riot" which was quite popular a couple of years ago), but I rediscovered them and I actually really like their new album. It's in constant rotation in my truck and more often than not on my computer.

Last weekend I had the pleasure of going up to SLO and spending a couple of days hanging out while helping Nat get packed up and helping her move back here. It was good times. We watched the first season of "Flight of the Conchords" which is awesome and EVERYONE needs to watch. It's brilliant. Really. It's also really nice having Nat back in Ventura. It's good to have someone to hang out with.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day. I'm going to get my haircut and while I want it done I've got some apprehension about it. Last August I got it cut by an old friend who works at a nice salon here and I absolutely hated it. Sure it was cute and I got a load of compliments but it was SUPER short, difficult to do anything with, and grew out poorly. After five months of waiting it was still on the short side when I had it cut again. That was February when I got it cut again by someone who I completely trust with my hair. The only bummer about going to her was that she worked at a salon in Malibu. The sacrifice was worth it though. So today when I called to make an appointment in Malibu I was startled to find out that the gal down there was no longer working there. I didn't inquire further, but it did bum me out. In order to get my hair done this week I decided to go for it and go to the gal who cut my hair in August. I got in for tomorrow, and have formulated a plan as to what to say and to be as specific as possible so that I get what I want. I can't have a repeat of August. So keep your fingers crossed for me.

I suppose that's it really. Woo for Peru! (again, and again, and again)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home