09 June 2006

finally awake and seeing clearly.

so... i'm tired and sore, but am experiencing a lovely boost of energy (even if only momentarily) from some caffeine packed soda. so that i can sleep tonight i have switched to water and taken 2 ibuprofen. i wish that i didn't hurt. i only worked 6 hours this morning, but i stood for 5.5 of them. some days that wouldn't bother me, but today my ankle was having issues. nothing new, but some days are better or worse than others. i usually hope for somewhere in the middle. today it also moved up into my knee, so my left leg is basically useless. i climbed into the bed of my truck earlier, and that was stupid. i tried to be all smooth, but if anyone was watching they probably thought that i looked stupid. i felt stupid at least.

so, with working at the produce stand (underwood family farms in somis, ca - in case you were wondering) there are a few things that i've figured out after working only 4 days. 1. i do better in the afternoon than in the morning. i'm a little slow in the morning. i'm much more of a night person, and my brain doesn't turn completely on until at least 11am, if not later. 2. i prefer working when it's busy. i can't stand the slow times. i thrive in busy situations. give me a line out the door and i'll do beautifully. this probably contributes to my major procrastination issues. 3. it is an art arranging fruit and vegetables into those little green strawberry baskets. santiago, and jack, and all the guys in the back have mastered it and it looks great when they do it; lined up perfectly with the tops down and bottoms up facing the same direction. when i do it, well, it probably looks like a joke. everything piled all over the place in no particular order. i did tomatoes in those baskets today too, and they looked pathetic. santiago's looked much better.

after work i was dead tired. once i sat down at home i didn't want to get up. seriously, i wanted to take my contacts out but at the same time didn't want to because then i'd have to walk the 15-20 feet to the bathroom to do it. i eventually got up and did it, and my eyes felt much better. later i had to make a quick run to the grocery store to pick up some stuff for dinner (cole slaw dressing, and a loaf of wheat french bread) and while i was driving everything looked different. i wondered what was going on, and then i realized that it was cause i had my glasses on, and it changes my perspective on things when i have them in. recently i've only been wearing my glasses in the mornings when i get up, and at night when i write and read before going to bed. the only days that i wear them all day are days that i don't typically get dressed until 4pm or so, and even then i don't usually drive anywhere. it didn't take me long to adjust but it did remind me of when i first get a new prescription and my eyes have to adjust to actually being able to see properly.

also, i think that i need to get a new pair glasses. don't get me wrong, the ones i have are still in fair working condition, but i've had them for about 4 years, and i feel like it's time for a change. i need some really awesome ones. i have an idea of what i want, now i just have to find it. humph. that's the difficult part.

praying for inspiration.
- corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home