20 September 2006

happy moments alone.

i am in such a good mood right now, and i don't know if it's going to get better tonight than it is right now. i'm sitting alone in the middle of our room watching the concert for george, and heating up water for tea. if you've never watched/listened to the concert for george i really encourage you to. i own it. it is amazing. all sorts of fantastic musicians singing classic songs in honor of george harrison. (who if you don't know is my favorite beatle.) what led me to this moment in my night? well, it began with a difficult conversation, that i was unsure about, and still don't know what the outcome will be, but i do believe it will be the best most educated decision. then, i had a paper that i had to write for class tomorrow. it's typical for me to leave papers until the last minute to write, however with this paper i attempted to being it earlier on in the day, and while i was unable to then, i got it done quickly this evening. my friends would hardly belive that i got a paper done before 11 p.m. the night before it's due, but i did! while i was working on the paper i was listening to music, and tom petty performing "taxman" from the concert for george came on and it inspired me to put the dvd on and watch/listen to it. the music that was composed by ravi shankar and played as the first portion of the concert is exquisite, and i love wathcing anouska shankar play the sitar. then the remaining members of monty pyton came out and performed "sit on my face" and, my personal favorite, "the lumberjack song." and now jeff lynne is perfoming "give me love" another song that i love. then again i love pretty much anything by george harrison. ah... to be happy. i enjoy it. i think that there was more that i wanted to say but julianne came in and ruined the flow of thoughts. not that i mind. we're going to go out on the roof and drink tea and look at the stars and talk now.

give me love, give me love, give me peace on earth.
- corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home