16 October 2006

what day is it?

here's my day so far.

at about midnight i finished reading chapter 6 in rich christians in an age of hunger, which i needed to use to write a paper. the paper was due today at noon. so, upon finishing reading the chapter i began the grueling task of writing a 4 - 5 page paper. i don't have a difficult time writing papers, and in all honesty i've written longer papers than that in the time that it took me to complete this one. so, i proceeded to write a paper on social sin for the next two hours. i think that it was a decent paper, but at this point i don't remember what i wrote. also, i had been writing this at a friends apartment next to where i live. at around 2:10 a.m. i packed up all of my stuff and went home. i got ready for bed, and sat in bed listening to snow patrol and writing. i finished writing around 2:40 and set my alarm and went to sleep. i still had a lot of homework to do for classes today, so i set my alarm for a couple hours before my first class.

well... this morning as i was laying in bed getting some fantastic sleep i was somewhat awoken by my roommate getting out of bed and getting ready. i thought that it was odd for her to be up that early, but i didn't spend much more time thinking about it. eventually i decided to check what time it was so that i hadn't overslept. when i rolled over and looked at my clock it said 11:25. i thought 'what!?!' i was supposed to get up around 8:30, and do homework and go to class at 10:30. i scurried out of bed and headed for the clock in the other room, just in case my clock was wrong. it wasn't. i had overslept, a lot. and already missed my first class. since my paper was due at noon, i took my time to get ready (no sense rushing), and before i headed out to eat and turn in my paper i checked my alarm clock again. i thought that in my tired state i hadn't turned on my alarm. nope, i turned it on, but i had set it for 8:07 p.m. whoops. that is why i didn't wake up. oh well.

the final amusing note from my day so far was when i went to the union to get lunch. i always check their weekly menu before deciding what i want. i stood there looking down at the menu (divided by day), and couldn't for the life of me remember what day it was. i had to ask the girl who was working. i couldn't believe it. i'm still out of it now, but i hope that my mind will turn on before i have to go to my next class, and my group meeting later. i'm actually sitting in a class right now but it's just a review for our test on wednesday. i'll study for that later.

my day will hopefully improve.
- corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home