07 March 2009

the end of something.

Last night I worked my final event at Epic. It was pretty classic. A 21st birthday 80's dance party. But it wasn't really a birthday party, it was much more straight dance party. People were dressed in all levels of dress from clothed to not so much and 80's to 2010 (according to Sasha). I had SO many crazy dressed people put on my team in the first 5 minutes of the even that I lost from there on out. I also had the pleasure of moping up after someone who threw up. I thought I might make it out of there without having to do that. The evening (or night really) was good, and it didn't feel like it was my last thing there until I was heading to my truck. Maybe a little bit too when I gave Sasha my key.

I'm not really sure who knew that I was leaving. I didn't tell all that many people, it was pretty sudden. It was, however, my decision. I could have stayed a bit longer, but it became obvious quickly that now was the time for me to go. I feel really good about that decision too. It was of course weird at first, but as I finished out my last week, I knew all the time that it was more right than I had imagined. And I'm sure that I'll be continuing to learn why that was such the right move over the next few months.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to be doing over the next few months. Coaching everyday for sure. I'm sure that my throwers will love that. They keep giving me a hard time for leaving early or, like this week, missing meets and their throws. I've also already gotten two housesitting jobs, and one of them is for three weeks. I'm a little bit nervous about not having a consistent pay check, but I know that will work itself out in time.

Thankfully there is some good news that I get to share. Two weeks ago (roughly) I was hired on at Ponderosa Pines Christian Camp in Running Springs to work there this summer on their program staff. I am so excited and I cannot wait to start! I wouldn't complain one bit if summer started now. I start work at the very end of May and will be up there until the beginning of August, for the most part. I have wanted to work at a camp for so long and I am so thankful that it worked out to be this summer. I'm sure that I'll have a lot to say about it as the time to head up there approaches. In the mean time I'll try and be patient.

I also got my Diana F+ Mr. Pink. I haven't had a chance to take any pictures on it yet, but in time I'm sure that I'll take lots of shots with it. I am going to have some more time coming up now, so I'm sure that I will get around to it.

That's really all for now. It was actually quite a lot. Ah well, that's what happens when I write once a month. Maybe I'll get better about that.
Or maybe not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home