11 May 2006

traveling alone.

or at least i wish i was. i am currently 2/3 of the way thru the long trip from illinois to california... with my parents. let me start off by saying that i really do love my parents, and i am truly excited to be going home (mostly because it's home and my friends are there). however, spending 10 - 12+ hours in my truck with my parents is draining. today i believe that we actually spent close to 14 hours on the road. this does include lunch, dinner, and potty breaks, but still, i'm always with them. when in such close quarters for long periods of time, i tend to get easily annoyed, and it tends to turn into some sort of disagreement/argument, in which someone always says something extra silly (not me typically), that sets someone else off (typically me). it's tiring, and not enjoyable. today was especially weird, but i'd rather not get into it. afterall it is over.

however, what is not over is that i think that my ipod has frozen on me. and i'm at a loss for what to do. i was trying to recharge it (after being basically drained from having been listened to all day), and it was acting funny and now it's frozen. this just makes me hate technology more and more. this is not the first piece of electronic equipment that has caused me problems after owning it for a brief time. my ipod shuffle stopped working properly after 2 months and the warranty was up (stupid me for buying it at target) and i was too cheap to pay the money to get them to tell me what i need to do about it. then there was my computer (which i am currently using). after approx 2 months of owning this it stopped working. it turns out that i needed to have the motherboard replaced. once i got it fixed it was fine, but i was still annoyed with it all. and now this. i was hoping that since i'd reached the over 4 month marker that i was in the clear of technical malfunctions with my ipod. alas, i was too hopeful. and now, when i really need it most (it is afterall my getaway when i'm in close quarters with my rents), it stops working. SUCK IT ALL! humph. hmm... it may be making some progress, the screen finally turned off. i'll see if i can't get it working. if not, well, i'll be spending some time on the phone with apple tomorrow, trying to figure it all out. at least i have the hefty warranty for this one.

technology... this is why i still write in an actual journal along with all this online/computer crap.

annoyed and in the mood for a fight.
- corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home