30 November 2006

ice.

is not really my friend. we had a little encounter earlier. let my set you up for this story. the weather is bad. it's cold, and rainy, and icy. it has rained most of the day. keep that in mind.

so i'm on my way to the dinning commons, and trying to plan the safest, no fall, route. i make it down the hill in front of our house, cross the street, and decide to take the stairs down to the sidewalk. to get to these stairs you have to step up a foot and a half or so. without thinking about the results of the cold weather and the rain i stepped up onto the top step like i always do. and with one fell swoop my foot is out from underneath me, i'm falling on my hip, and trying not to fall down the remaining five steps, or off the back to the alley. what a lovely thing to do before dinner. so... now i've got a bruise on my arm, probably my hip, and probably my ankle (from where my foot hit the bottom of the hand rail). all in all, lovely.

freezing my tootsies off here.
- corrie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least no one was around to see your fall? haha

One of the many times I went to Disneyland this year... back in April, it had rained in the morning but then was just cloudy the rest of the day. Well, I went to run and hide from my friends, and when I ran, I stepped onto a wet patch of ground.... my feet comepletely flew out from under me and I landed flat on my back, in the middle of fantasyland, right while they were doing the 'sword in the stone' thing. It was fantastic.

5:34 PM  
Blogger corrie said...

i could totally see you doing that. and if i were there i'd have fallen over laughing at you. like i have done many times before.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home