08 May 2007

goodbye (for good).

i am all done. with all my work. with college. all that is left to do now is go through the ritual that is graduation.

the gravity of that has still yet to fully hit me. it probably won't fully hit me until i'm back in california. oddly what made it seem at least a little real to me was when i was on my myspace page not more that a few minutes ago, and i realized that in less than a week i can put up a picture of myself all graduated and in my cap and gown on scott field as my picture. an official college graduate. wow.

another thing that comes along with being done with college (aside from actually being done and taking cap and gown pictures) is that in a broad sense, my live will never be the same again. more specifically i mean that all of the friends that i love dearly and spend a significant amount of time with at the moment, i will either not ever see them again, or will see them on a grand but rare occasion. that is really sad. i am going to miss them so much, and the times that we've shared together. saying goodbye is sad in this sense.

another thing about saying goodbye at this point is, well, 1. that i'm really bad at it, and 2. i forget because it hasn't quite hit me yet still. i mean, i know that in one week i will be sitting in a hotel in oklahoma, but i forget that i have to say goodbye to people between now and then. i'm great at not saying goodbye. in fact my yearbook from my senior year of high school was probably one of my most empty ones (as far as signatures are concerned), and it's cause i was really bad at seeking people out and saying goodbye to them. i see that happening again this year on a larger scale because people are already starting to leave. in fact, tonight i said goodbye to a couple of people who i will likely not ever see again, or at least one of them i'm pretty sure i'll never see again. it's so weird.

i'm still going to be bad at all of these things, and i'm still going to miss people, and all the other things pretty much no matter what i do, but i am thankful for things like aim, msn messenger, myspace, and facebook as a way to still keep in touch with people (if impersonally). it will make my transition much easier.

so little time left, so many people to say goodbye to.
- corrie

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

don't leave meeeeeeeee

:(

12:36 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

my blog's up and running again, yo

12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home