25 July 2006

ouch.

sometimes the things that make you happy can also hurt you. example. yesterday i had an extremely enjoyable time on the lazy river at lake casitas, however, when i returned home i realized that i had gotten sunburned. bad. i mean, it's not too bad, but it's the worst burn i've had in quite a while. it's basically my whole back and shoulders and upper arms. a little on my face, but not really. so, yea, now i'm saying ouch a lot. like when i'm wearing a tank top and put my bag on my shoulder. my hope is that i recover quickly and it turns into a lovely tan. oh, and that it doesn't blister. that would suck.

today i went to the beach for the first real time. it was wonderful. i found my old rash guard to protect my back and shoulders (and so i wouldn't have to apply sunscreen to those areas). it was overcast, but 80 degrees down by the water, and the water itself was, well, not warm, but not freezing either. it felt fantastic. my mom even went in. it had been ages since she'd gone in the ocean. i wish we'd stayed in longer but the kids who we brought wanted to just play on the beach more than be in the water. overall, a very good time, and i didn't get any additional burns.

hurting, but happy.
- corrie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home