12 August 2007

le princess bride.

So every August for the last about 15 years our church (Eastminster Presbyterian) has set up a tent on our large field and had a single worship service under it on Sunday mornings to bring everyone together, and make it more inviting to the community. This year is the first year that we have had the capability to put a screen and projector in it for services and such. This has opened up the option for what we did tonight - watch a movie under the tent in the evening. It was so much fun! We watched "The Princess Bride" (which is a classic EPC movie, and pretty much the only movie we watched at movie nights in my middle school years), and I had such a blast watching it again because it had been so long. I had forgotten how much I loved the movie, and now I think that I'm going to have to go out and buy it. Not only was the movie great but it was so much fun sitting out on the church field watching a movie with my church family. I was a little disappointed in the low number of people who showed up. It was such a great time and idea that I can't understand why some people would not want to come. Oh well, whatever. They missed out.
If you get the chance in the next week (or whenever) you should watch "The Princess Bride" and think of me. Watch it with friends and please quote it as you watch. As far as I'm concerned that only makes it better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home