12 August 2008

iphone mess.

Today I got a new iPhone. A new old iPhone, that is.

The night before the brand new iPhone came out I started having problems with my phone freezing up. I restored it and it was fine for a few weeks. Then while I was at Pondo it started doing the whole freezing thing again, but less frequently. Last Friday night it froze all night when I plugged it in, but after restarting it it was again fine. Then two nights ago it started not letting me use my texting. It would start to open then go back to the home page. After messing about with it and trying to restart it I could not get it to turn back on and iTunes said that I needed to restore it. So I turned it off for the night and when I got up yesterday morning I got to work on it. I was able to restore it but that took two tries, and it still wasn't working properly. As my next course of action I called Apple and spent an hour on the phone trying to fix the problem. We went through some more of the stuff that I had already done and after a bit it seemed to be working, but I wasn't convinced. Sure enough mere hours later it was acting up again, and it remained off the rest of the night.

Today I made my way down to the Apple store in Thousand Oaks, and managed to get in for an appointment. After looking at it and the report that the guy had made yesterday they gave me a new phone. They still don't know what was wrong with it. It is a relief to have a phone though that is working.

It was annoying but it's over now.

I'm currently watching Atonement and I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. So far it's well made but I'm not sure how I feel about the story line. Last week I watched The Jane Austen Book Club and it was really good. I've been watching a lot of movies lately, for lack much else to do. It is enjoyable though.

This was boring. Sorry. I'll try better next time.

Note: I just realized that this new old iPhone has the old software on it, not the new stuff, and I'm actually excited about it. I dislike certain things about the new stuff, so it's nice to have the old back. I'll try and manage with this until it makes me update or I miss something terribly about the new one. Plus, it's odd having a new phone because it's just the same as the other one, but I know that it's different. A bit of an odd experience. That's all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home