14 August 2007

the end has begun.

Today was the first day of the last week of Camp Corrie. And when I say "the last week" I mean the last week EVER. I do not believe that there will ever be another week of Camp Corrie. Here is what is fun about this week, and more specifically today. Initially we could not decide for the life of us what to do. Finally Justin said it would be cool to rent a movie, and suggested "3 Ninjas" - a classic movie that I had recommended some time ago. When we brought it home from the video store and put it in we discovered that the tape was so old that we could no longer see a picture but only hear the sound. Upon deciding to not only listen to the movie we decided to finish watching "Chicken Run" (on Cartoon Network), and then exchange "3 Ninjas" for "Star Wars Episode 3 Revenge of the Sith." Now that may not seem significant to any of you, but you will soon understand the significance of it in this final week of Camp Corrie.

I take you back to two summers ago in the first week of the first Camp Corrie ever. I don't entirely remember how it started but I believe that Sarah and Justin had never seen any of the Star Wars movies before. We started with the remastered originals (I happen to own them). Once we finished with those we drove around Ventura to multiple video stores, I got a Blockbuster account and we rented Episodes 1 & 2. Within about a week we watched the 5 Star Wars movies that were out on DVD. This happened to be the summer that Episode 3 came out in theateres (that probably spawned the watching of the first 5 for me at least), and the kids were a little too young to see it (especially in theateres) so we didn't see it. Until now. Today we rented Episode 3 and completed the viewing of the entire Star Wars movies.

I found it fitting to finish something that we started at the beginning at the end.
Only 2 more Camp Corrie days left.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home