03 October 2007

CHP officer & starbucks.

After an annoying and slightly stressfully late drive to work this morning and a stop at Starbucks to get coffee (a triple venti nonfat latte in case you were wondering) I was trying to turn left out of the parking lot. This isn't a difficult thing but making it onto this particular street gets problematic. So after the guy behind me honked at me I decided to go. I ended up behind a CHP officer and next to another one. I was cool with this and honestly preoccupied about getting to work on time. So the left turn light changes, everyone starts to move and so do I. At the same time that I move the officer next to me starts to go too and pull in front of me (he was in a straight ahead lane). Luckily I notice and stop as does he and he shoots me this mean look. I was furious. Sure once he got in front of me I could see that he had his lights on, but he was driving a car that has the lights in the back window and from where I was I couldn't see them. I couldn't believe that he thought I was in the wrong when he wasn't careful enough. He went on with what he was doing and didn't give me any more trouble which is good for me because I probably would have been a little more exuberant than is appropriate when pulled over.

Once I arrived at work (right on time thank you very much!) I found out that I was going to be working somewhere different than i was previously informed. I was irritated about that too. I like the fact that I know how to work most everywhere at the farm however it gets annoying because I can get thrown into anything. I had to work in the office answering phones, and selling tickets, and bagging carrots. It ended up being pretty good. I almost always had something to do (until the last 50 minutes), and I had my first "hey aren't you...?" moment.

I was minding my own business bagging carrots as the first tours began to finish, and I looked out the window and saw this guy who looked kind of familiar. I thought that he kinda looked like the guy who hosts The Bachelor, but I wasn't sure it was him so I discarded it. Then 20 minutes later he comes up to the window to buy tickets from me and sure enough it was him. I think that his name is Chris. I don't know his last name but I've now met him and sold him 11 tickets.

It wasn't much but it was something, and I said that I'd report on it all.
The encounters can only get better from here right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home