01 October 2007

OCTOBER HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!

In honor of my favorite month of the year I am vowing to blog more. I've been a real slacker over the last month and a half or so, and i feel somewhat lost without it. I suppose part of that lost feeling has something to do with a number of things. 1. I don't journal much anymore; 2. I've not got many friends left in the area; 3. until recently I haven't had much in general to do; and 4. I still don't have a job or any leads. But enough of that.

I'm really excited that it's October. Anything can happen in October. I was thinking the other day about the weather in October and how it can be anything. It can be cold, hot, windy (Santa Ana winds are wild), rainy, dry, or fire filled (not exactly weather but I think it counts). I think that in the same way that the weather is undecided and potential filled so can everything else.

This is what my October is looking like. I will be working 5 days a week at Underwood Family Farms 10th annual Fall Harvest Festival. I'm working in the mornings wednesday and thursday, and all day friday, saturday and sunday so come out and see me if you're in the area. I really love the festival. I started working it when I was in 8th grade and it was the first time that Underwoods had a Harvest Festival, and with the exception of the two years I spent in Illinois I've worked all of them. Along with that I will be heading to Illinois and back to Greenville for Homecoming weekend. That should be a good time. I'll get to see all of my friends who I miss so much, have a sleepover with my floormates from junior year, go to the football game (go panthers!), maybe to the Panther 5k, maybe eat at Applebee's with Mandi & Brad and his friends, and go to Six Flags for the third year in a row. All should be good. Really that's all I have planned. I may go up to SLO for my days off sometime. I may also be doing Never Ending Night 11 with the middle school kids from church. I've got to see if I can get off work for that.

In other random music news I am listening to a lot of country. I don't know what triggered it but about 2 weeks ago I had the urge to listen to country music and not much else. I think that it has to do with October. I associate the two. Plus I have stints where I listen to pretty much only country and I haven't had one in a while so now is appropriate. Also, I'm in the midst of trying to listen to all of the songs in on my computer at least once. Since I've gotten the new computer and not transfered all of my other music over it's not as much of a daunting task as it would have been on my old laptop. So far I have listened to 820 of the 1360 songs. To help narrow it down I've been making playlists and deleting the song from it when listened to. Right now that list consists of music from the Concert for George ("Honey Don't" performed by Ringo Starr just finished), Danielson, Regina Spektor, Missy Higgins, and Badly Drawn Boy. It's kind of lame but I'm actually enjoying it.

Well considering I haven't written in a while I think that I have made up for it somewhat here. More to come about October, the farm (and the crazy/psycho/rude/celebrities from there), music, and life. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home