15 October 2007

i love days off.

So this last week has been pretty crazy. I've worked a ton, not slept enough, been yelled at (and in turn physically shaken from the experience), and been a bit stressed by the dog (but that was mostly today). I also got a new cell phone which I am SO stoked about. I think I'll talk about that first.

I've pretty much been wanting a new cell phone since I got my Nokia. I had a Motorola v400 (or something like that) before it, and loved it but when the speaker broke and I couldn't hear anyone I had to get a new one and the Nokia was free. While I truely hated my scratched and cracked Nokia phone it was a really durable phone, and was good for me. Someone pointed out to me last week that I should be glad that it lasted as long as it did with all that it went through and was still working. I hadn't really thought of it like that before. Anyway, last weekend my mom and I decided that it was time to get new phones. Since I had to be prepared before I got the new phone I went to AT&T last monday to check out all the phones that they had. I wasn't super crazy about any of them - well, except for one. The iPhone. I knew that I wanted one but was unsure about getting it. After I looked at all the others I realized that it was the only one I wanted. So, I sucked it up, drove down to Thousand Oaks to the Apple store and spent pretty much all of my first pay check from the farm on an iPhone. I'm so glad I did. I absolutely love it. It's better than sliced bread. I think that everyone should get one, although I like that not everyone has one.

Other than that the next cool moment from my week came on Saturday at the farm. After a really rough morning I was waiting on people and doing the usual pumpkin selling stuff. I had this couple come up and buy a whole bunch of stuff. I mainly only saw the husband and delt with him because the wife was shopping in the country store for stuff and bringing it over before going back to get more. Finally when they were all done they loaded up their kids into the respective wheelbarrows and I looked up at both of them and realized that the woman was Amy Brenneman from Judging Amy and Private Practice. I didn't say anything and at first I just stared with my mouth open a bit. I felt like a bit of an idiot but that's okay. So they went on their way and I went on mine but it was a little amusing.

Speaking of amusing yesterday at work, about a third through the day I was handing a guy back his credit card and said "Here's your pumpkin" instead of "Here's your card." All I could do there was laugh at myself. I don't know whats up with me. Starting about friday evening I've been a little more forgetful than normal and getting more things confused than normal. I think it's because I haven't been getting enough sleep.

I tried to make up for that last night. I think it ended up being a good start. I slept for 12 hours last night. I went to bed a little before 10 and my alarm woke me up a little after 9, then I of course hit snooze for quite a while.

This weekend was hard because I became "the one who needed to be micromanaged" and it was not plesant. In fact around 11 on Saturday I was ready to go home and not come back. It was not worth it and it was not called for. If you want to know more I'll be glad to tell you in person. Then on Sunday I got yelled at and by the same person and was literaly shaking afterward. Too much sometimes. I'd much rather be the person who just comes and works and can only do a couple of things right now than the person who can do pretty much everything and is pretty involved in what is going on. Oh well. I'm just stoked that I have another day off before I go back.

This week was also fun because I had lunch with Danielle at San-Sai on monday, dinner with Danielle and Jordan at BJ's on friday and coffee with Laura at Starbucks saturday night. Good times with friends. It's pretty much exactly what I need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home